Rules for In-Car Instruction (Teen Drivers)
1. You must arrive 10 minutes before scheduled drive time.
2. You must have your valid Texas learners permit in your possession during ALL behind-the-wheel lessons
3. If you have an "A" restriction on your permit, you must wear your glasses or contacts during the behind-the-wheel lessons.
4. If you are unable to attend a drive time, you must cancel at least 24 hours before it is scheduled, or you will be charged $20 to reschedule.
5. Keys Driving School is licensed by TEA.
7. If you fall asleep during your observation time, you will not receive any credit for that day and you will be charged $20 to reschedule the drive time.
8. Please make sure that you have made arrangements for pick-up after your drive time is completed. Our last drive time ends at 10:00 pm. Parents, please make sure that you are sitting and waiting in the parking lot at 9:50 pm.
Ipod/Cell Phone Rules
NOTICE: ALL TEENAGERS & PARENTS
According to House Bills #2730 & 339, There will be
ABSOLUTELY NO CELL PHONE USE
while operating any motor vehicle.
Use of Wireless communication devices for drivers under 18 enacted by the 81st Texas Legislature, restricts all drivers under the age of 18 from using a wireless communications device while operating a motor vehicle.
This is a school where we are promoting safety and saving your life. If you aren't paying attention then accidents are more likely to occur due to your lack of knowledge!
Keys Driving School is operated by T.E.A. just as the local high schools; therefore you must abide by the same rules as the public high schools.
- NO CELL PHONE USE WILL BE ALLOWED OR TOLERATED
- PERSONAL PHONE CALLS ARE NOT ALLOWED (Incoming or Outgoing)
- CELL PHONES ARE TO BE ON VIBRATE
- TEXT MESSAGING IS NOT ALLOWED
- THE USE OF CELLPHONES IN THE CLASSROOM IS NOT ALLOWED. IF STUDENTS VIOLATE THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS, THE CELL PHONE WILL BE TAKEN UP/CONFISCATED BY THE DIRECTOR. A $15 TEA VIOLATION FEE WILL BE COLLECTED BEFORE THE PHONE IS RETURNED.
- REPEAT VIOLATIONS OF ANY PHONE LAWS WILL MEAN EXPULSION OR DISMISSAL FROM SCHOOL.
- IPODS/MP3 PLAYERS/CD PLAYERS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT ANYTIME DURING CLASS. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT USING ANY OF THESE ITEMS, SAME VIOLATION RULES WILL APPLY THAT APPLY FOR CELL PHONES
-SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY-
We offer a Smoke Free environment
ALCOHOL & DRUGS POLICY!! ZERO TOLERANCE!
House Bill 558 allows for minors to be charged with public intoxication.
Instructed by a Certified School Teacher
(972) 987- 4991
"Safety is our #1 Priority"